1.1.08

2008 :)


This is my last finish for the year 2007, it's my entry for Cross Stitcher's Lottery. The design is by Isa Vautier (from her older book "Les Samplers en rouge et blanc") and I stitched it on 30 count natural linen with DMC 115. It's the first flatfold I've finished and I learnt a lot :)

I want to wish all my readers a wonderful New Year 2008! It's been a great cross stitch year for me as well as Violarium and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart :) I've never ever counted my finishes before, but I did it now as I want to plan my rotation and make some goals for the new year. I've never planned goals either... :) This year I finished 53 cross stitch projects and I think I've never stitched this much! 20 of them were for exchanges, 21 of them gifts and the rest for Violarium and/or myself, mostly for Violarium :)

I will reorganize my rotation now for the new year. I think I'll participate less in exchanges (even though I love them a lot!) and stitch more for friends and family :) I'd love couple of private exchanges though if someone is interested. Also I really want to finish at least one of my WIPs this year, for example St Hippolyte. I have some SAL plans too, but I'll write more about them when I've organized my rotation.

*****

C'est le dernière modèle que j'ai brodé en 2007, pour Cross Stitcher's Lottery. C'est un modèle d'Isa Vautier (dans le livre "Les Samplers en rouge et blanc") et je l'ai brodé sur lin 12 fils avec DMC 115. C'est le premier "flatfold" que j'ai fait et j'ai beaucoup appri :)

Je veux souhaiter bonne année 2008 pour tout le monde! J'ai beaucoup brodé l'année dernière et je veux dire merci pour tous les brodeuses Francaises que j'ai eu plaisir à rencontrer cet année :) Je n'ai jamais compté mes broderies avant, mais comme je veux faire des projets et preparer ma rotation, j'ai compté maintenant. J'ai 53 broderies terminées en 2007, dont 20 pour les échanges, 21 cadeaux et le reste pour Violarium et/ou pour moi-même, dans la plupart des cas pour Violarium :)

Donc je vais reorganiser ma rotation, parce que je veux vraiment terminer St Hippolyte par example cet année. Je croix que je vais broder plus pour les amies et famille et moins pour les échanges (même si je les aime beaucoup!). Pourtant je voudrais avoir quelques échanges personnels cet année si quelqu'un est interessée. J'ai aussi des projets pour SAL, mais je vais parler plus quand j'ai fait mes projets :)

*****

Tämä flatfold oli vuoden viimeinen valmistunut työ ja tein sen Cross Stitcher's Lotteryyn. Malli on Isa Vautierin (kirjasta "Les Samplers en rouge et blanc") ja tein sen 30 count pellavalle DMC:n langalla 115. En ole koskaan aikaisemmin tehnyt flatfoldia ja paljon oppii kun ekan kerran jotain tekee :)

Oikein ihanaa uutta vuotta kaikille blogin lukijoille! On ollut hyvä ristipistovuosi niin itselläni kuin Violariumillakin, molemmat kiittävät lämpimästi :) En ole koskaan aikaisemmin laskenut mitä on tullut pisteltyä vuoden aikana, mutta aion nyt eka kertaa tehdä vähän parempia ja täsmällisempiä pistelysuunnitelmia ensi vuodeksi ja niinpä laskin :) Eli sain valmiiksi viime vuonna 53 työtä kaikenkaikkiaan, joista 20 oli vaihtoihin, 21 lahjoja ja loput Violariumille tai itselle, pääasiassa Violariumille :)

Aion tehdä uuden lukujärjestyksen ensi vuodelle. Luultavasti osallistun vähän vähemmän vaihtoihin ja pistelen enemmän ystäville ja perheelle. Muutaman kahdenkeskiseen vaihtoon olen kyllä aina valmis :) Haluaisin ehdottomasti myös jonkun ison keskeneräisen valmiiksi, esimerkiksi St Hippolyten, sille on ollut liian vähän aikaa tänä vuonna. Suunnitteilla on myös osallistua pariin SAL-pistelyyn, mutta niistä lisää sitten kun lukujärjestys on uusattu :)

10 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It's a lovely finish to end 2007!
I wish you many happy stitching hours for 2008 :)
And later in the year if your still up for a personal exchange...let me know!

Anonymous said...

That flatfold looks fabulous!!
Happy New Year, Leena!!

Heather said...

What a pretty flatfold Leena! I love your work :) I am still hunting the mailman waiting for your package :D

I'll do an exchange with you this year, just let me know!

Carla said...

Beautiful flatfold!!!
Happy New Year!

Sandrajay: said...

Leena, your flatfold is really lovely! Best wishes for 2008

Ulla said...

Wau! tämä on kyllä tosi upea! Hyvää sekä pistelyrikasta uutta vuotta sinulle!

♥ Sari ♥ said...

Kertakaikkisen ihana flatfold! Mukavaa Uutta Vuotta myös sinulle! :)

Cheryl said...

This piece is beautiful! Lucky Hazel!
Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Leena!
I hope 2008 is wonderful to you ;)

Marie said...

Your flatfold is gorgeous!

Wow 53 finishes last year, you were very busy.

Any time you are up for a personal exchange you let me know ;) That is if you are not already tired of my exchanges! LOL