2.5.08

Birthday gift and goals for May - Synttärilahja ja toukokuun tavoitteet

Thank you again for your lovely comments on my previous post! I enjoyed stitching the book cover and I hope to make more of them in the future. However, this was not the first book cover I've stitched, the first one was a mailart couple of years ago.

My daughter's best friend had her birthday and I wanted to give her something in addition to what my daughter gave her as a birthday gift. She has been taking good care of Manteli, our cat, couple of times when we've been away for the weekend :) Manteli definitely prefers staying at home alone for couple of nights, we've sometimes taken her with us, but she doesn't like it at all. She is much happier if she can stay and as my daughter's friend lives very near, she has come to feed and play with Manteli many times a day :) We have of course given her something as thank-yous earlier, but I haven't stitched anything for her yet. So I stitched this, it's part of a design by Brightneedle, published in JCS Christmas ornaments 2005. I stitched it on 30 count linen and the thread is Atalie Caramel.

I'm going to abandon my rotation. Instead, I'll write here goals for each month, as I write them down anyway to my Basket Note Pads (I highly recommend for Linux users!) on the computer. I have all the time so many exchanges and gifts to stitch that I just can't follow my rotation, so I'll try the goal system. As it's the beginning of May, here are my goals for May:

* Finish Feathered Friends Exchange (SBEBB)
* Stitch and finish Mother's Day gifts (Mum & MIL)
* Stitch and finish couple of other gifts
* Finish the prize of my drawing for Janet (shame on me, it's very late...)
* Stitch and finish the scissor fob exchange (Finnish exchange)
* Continue stitching and finish Helen's Spring exchange (Seasonal exchangers)
* Stitch one or two Christmas ornaments (SAL with Stephanie)
* Begin stitching exhanges for Tuula and Andrea (Make a Wish exchange)
* Stitch a birthday card or a small gift for my son :)
* Continue stitching Spanish Mystery Sampler

I know I have lots of goals for May, but I've already started stitching most of them, so I should be able to do this :) Have a happy weekend everyone! My weekend will be spent mostly in scouting (first aid course & meetings), but I try to stitch in between :)

*****

Je vais reflechir si je vais continuer à écrire en francais, vous pouvez toujours laissez vos commentaires sur le sujet, mais je pense que je vais terminer, au moins momentanément...

*****

Voi kiitos taas kovasti kommenteista! Oli kiva pistellä noita kirjankansia, aion kyllä tehdä lisää joskus tulevaisuudessa. Nämä ei olleet ekat kirjankannet mitkä olen tehnyt, pari vuotta sitten tein kirjekuorivaihtoon kirjankannet myös.

Tyttäreni parhaalla ystävällä oli synttärit ja halusin jotain laittaa tytön lahjan mukana kiitokseksi Mantelin hoidosta :) Hän on pari kertaa hoitanut Mantelia kun olemme olleet koko perhe viikonlopun reissussa, käynyt syöttämässä ja leikittämässä montakin kertaa päivässä, koska asuu ihan lähellä :) Olemme antaneet kiitoksia tottakai jo aiemmin, mutta en ole koskaan pistellyt hänelle mitään ja halusin jotain kissa-aiheista tehdä. Niinpä tein tämän koristeen, malli on osa Brightneedlen joulukoristeesta (JCS Christmas ornaments 2005) ja lanka Atalien Caramel (30 count pellavalle).

Aion nakata pistelylukujärjestyksellä vesilintua :) Vain aasi ei voi vaihtaa päätään, kuten meidän lapset väänsivät sanonnan joskus pieninä :) Koko ajan on niin paljon vaihtoja ja lahjoja pisteltävänä, että ei onnistu tuollainen päivittäinen lukujärjestys. Aion sen sijaan kirjoittaa tänne aina kuun alussa kuukauden tavoitteet, kun kuitenkin pidän niistä kirjaa tietsikalla muistikirjaohjelmalla (Basket, toimii Linuxissa, suosittelen lämpimästi!). Yritän vaihtojen ja lahjojen lisäksi ehtiä myös pistellä omia isoja töitä jossain välissä, tosin toukokuu ei näytä sellaiselta kuukaudelta :)

Niinpä tässä toukokuun tavoitteet:

* Pistele loppuun ja viimeistele Feathered Friends -vaihto (SBEBB)
* Tee äitienpäivälahjat (äidille ja anopille - äiti et nähnyt tätä sitten :) )
* Tee loppuun pari muuta lahjaa
* Tee loppuun blogiarvonnan palkinto Janetille (hyi hävetä saisin, se on tosi myöhässä...)
* Tee saksikoristevaihtoon saksikoriste
* Tee loppuun Helenin Spring exchange (Seasonal exchangers)
* Tee niin monta joulukoristetta kuin ehdit (SAL Stephanien kanssa)
* Aloita edes Tuulan ja Andrean vaihdot (Make a Wish exchange)
* Pistele pikku kortti tai lahja pojalle synttärilahjaksi :)
* Jatka Spanish Mystery Samplerin pistelemistä

Noita on aika paljon, varsinkin verrattuna siihen miten vähän olen huhtikuussa ehtinyt mitään pistellä, mutta olen montaa jo aloittanut, että pitäisi olla mahdollista. Jää nähtäväksi :)

Oikein aurinkoista ja ihanaa viikonloppua kaikille! Minun viikonloppu menee enimmäkseen partiohommissa, ensiapukurssilla ja kokouksessa, mutta jospa jossain välissä ehtisin vähän pistelläkin :)

*****

6 comments:

Carla said...

Cute ornie! I'm sure your daughter's friend will like it :)
Good luck with your goals for May !

Barb said...

That is cute. I'm sure your daughter's friend will love it. Good luck with your goals Hope you make them.

Myrna said...

The ornie is adorable!!

Good luck with your goals...

Anonymous said...

Ihkupihku söpö kisu :) Listasi on mukavan "vaatimaton". Pistelypäiviä!

mainely stitching said...

That is such a nice cat-watching/birthday gift! :D

Anonymous said...

Kiva lukea tavoitteistasi toukokuulle. Varmasti toimii paremmin kuin pistelylukujärjestys, koska vaihdoilla ja lahjoillahan on aina valmistumispäivämäärä. Kivan kuuloisia vaihtoja taas tulossa.
Ihanaa toukokuuta ja pistelyniloa :)