26.1.10

Re-runnings - Hiihii Hippolyytti, hiihii Hill Streetti


St Hippolyte is here again! I continued to stitch the acorn band while watching Hill Street Blues with my daughter last night. When I was at her age, I watched it with my brother and I still like it, it's the best! I even have the theme tune in my mobile phone as one of the ring tones... :)

The series has been re-running on TV for some time now and we have the episodes stored automatically, so we can watch it when we want to. Everything was ok until FST (Finland's Swedish Television channel) decided to re-run Season 1 again in the morning in addition to the Season 4 (in the evening). Ooh la la! On top of it all Season 1 is shown couple of times a week (I think) and Season 4 once a week (I think) with a re-run the next day (I think)... So we now watch happily everything muddled up as they are stored, because my daughter hasn't seen Season 1 yet and absolutely wants to :) At least we get a huge weekly portion of Hill Street Blues when we once a week are glued to the television :)

Tonight no Hill Street Blues though, my daughter is reading The Hound of the Baskervilles for school and I'll stitch seriously. Happy stitching!

*****

Hippolyytti täällä taas hei! Pikkuisen sain tätä tehtyä eilen, kun katsottiin tytön kanssa Hill Street Bluesia. Suurinpiirtein hänen ikäisenään katsoin sitä pikkuveljen kanssa telkkarista ja tykkään vieläkin, ihan paras! Tunnusmusa on jopa yhtenä soittoäänenä kännykässä... :)

Sarjaa on näytetty FST:llä uusintana jo jonkun aikaa. Jaksot menevät meillä automaattisesti digiboksille, että voidaan katsoa silloin kun on hyvä hetki. Kaikki oli ok, kunnes FST jostain käsittämättömästä syystä (vai käsittääkö/tietääkö joku miksi?) päätti näyttää ekan tuotantokauden jaksoja aamuisin neloskauden lisäksi. Ooh la la! Ykköskausi tulee kai pari kertaa viikossa ja neloskausi kai kerran + uusinta päälle seuraavana päivänä, kai... Nyt me sitten katsotaan näitä iloisesti tuhannen sekaisin sitä mukaa kun tallentuvat, koska tyttö ei ole nähnyt ekaa kautta ja haluaa ehdottomasti katsoa :) Ainakin saadaan kunnon kerta-annos, kun kerran viikossa jämähdetään katsomaan :)

Tänä iltana ei Hill Streettiä kuitenkaan, koska neiti lukee Baskervillen koiraa koulua varten ja minä aion vakavasti pistellä. Ihania pistoja!

7 comments:

Katri said...

Hienoa edistystä!

Hill Street on tosiaan yksi kautta aikojen parhaista sarjoista. Ja se tunnari on ihan iki ihana, mulla on onneksi nuotit siihen niin voin välillä tapailla sitä pianolla :-)

Hazel said...

Goodness me - Hill Street Blues! There's a blast from the past. Your wip is looking great. You are doing so well on this piece. x

Virpi said...

Tuo Hippolyte näyttää kera kerran jälkeen ihanammalta, että kävin jo kaupan sivuilla sitä kuolaamassa. Paljon nätimpi se tuolla sinun kankaallasi näyttää kuin valkealla taustalla - niin kuin siinä mallissa oli.

Aija said...

Hippolytestä tulee kaunis!

Voi, meillä on katsottu Miami Vicea ja hihitetty niiden hiuksille ja vaatteille.

mainely stitching said...

I have very happy memories of watching Hill Street Blues with my parents as a kid. It was one show that we all enjoyed watching. :D

Love your stitching, too!

Jennifer said...

I always watched "Hill Street Blues" and also enjoyed the more recent "NYPD Blue". But no re-runs of either here yet.
Love your Morning Bird sampler from your previous post. My blog-updater seems to be a bit slow....I missed that post.

Barb said...

Nice Wip I look forward to seeing more of it. I loved the pictures of your cat in your previous post. He's so cute.