15.3.09

Gifts from and for friends - Lahjoja ystäviltä ja ystäville

These are the lovely Christmas gifts I've received from two stitching friends, we exchange Christmas gifts every year at Valentine's day :) I guess it may be called a tradition already, I can't remember exactly but I think this was the third time? These two ladies are talented in sewing too, so I received the practical and pretty pouch from Maria and the cute cat from Ritva. Thank you so much once again for these gifts (and the extras I didn't photograph) and for your friendship :)

This year I also wanted to sew something for these ladies, so I made pouches. I was in a terrible hurry to take the photos, so I only took photo of one, but I've made another one too and it is identical :) The design is from a French book (Galons, broderies et fantaisie).

*****

Nämä ihanat joululahjat sain kahdelta ystävältä, vaihdamme aina joululahjoja ystävänpäivänä :) Tätä voisi varmaan kutsua jo perinteeksi, koska nyt oli muistaakseni kolmas kerta. Molemmat ystävät ovat taitavia ompelukoneella ompelijoita myös, niinpä sain Marialta kauniin sinisen ja käytännöllisen pussukan ja Ritvalta tosi söpon kissan. Kiitos vielä kerran hurjasti näistä ihanista lahjoista ja muista ekstroista joita oli mukana paketeissa, sekä ennen kaikkea kiitos ystävyydestä :)

Uskaltauduin itsekin ompelemaan jotain lahjaksi tänä vuonna Ritvalle ja Marialle, tein nimittäin tuossa alapuolella näkyvät pussukat. Tein kyllä kummallekin oman, mutta otin kuvia kiireessä ja otin kuvan vain toisesta, toinen on ihan samanlainen :) Malli on ranskalaisesta kirjasta (Galons, broderies et fantaisie).


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Leena,

Thanks for stopping by! That's a wonderful tradition you and your friends have started - lovely gifts!

CindyMae said...

That is a great tradition to share with some special friends!! I love the little pouch, that would be a very useful item to have, great job making them!!

Brigitte said...

You've received two very nice gifties. I love that blue pouch which seems to be very versatile. I think I'll have to try this finishing as well.
What a nice pouch you finished yourself. You used some great fabric for it.